What’s New: 2019 Lexus GS F
New Optional Features:
- 10th Anniversary Special Edition, includes Matte Nebula Gray paint, blue Brembo® brake calipers, polished black 19-inch BBS® forged wheels, Michelin® Pilot Super Sport tires, Bespoke Fuji Blue leather trim on the steering wheel and seats, blue carbon trim on the dash and doors, blue suede dashboard trim, a white center marker stripe on the steering wheel, blue seat belts and “F” logo side mirror projector lamps. Limited to 100 vehicles available for sale in the U.S.
- Flare Yellow, added
- Molten Pearl, discontinued
PLANO, TX – For 2019, the Lexus GS F high-performance sport sedan celebrates the 10th anniversary of “F” performance with a special-edition model limited to just 100 vehicles available for sale in the U.S. The 10th Anniversary Special Edition models will be rare but easy to spot thanks to their unique Matte Nebula Gray paint and polished black 19-inch BBS® wheels. It’s the brand’s first use of matte paint on a production model since the legendary Lexus LFA went out of production in 2012. Blue Brembo® brake calipers are another indication that this is a special GS F that you won’t see every day.
That sense of occasion continues to the interior as every 10th Anniversary Special Edition model gets Bespoke Fuji Blue accents for the seats, steering wheel and shift knob. Even the top of the dashboard is covered in blue suede trim while the standard seats belts are blue as well. The steering wheel also gets a white marker stripe at the top of the rim to give drivers a reference point during aggressive driving. The final flourish inside the GS F 10th Anniversary Special Edition is standard blue carbon fiber trim on the
doors and center console. Taken together, the anniversary updates give the GS F the look of a custom-made exotic.
All 2019 GS F sedans benefit from a handling pedigree honed on the world’s most demanding race circuits and elegant-yet-aggressive styling that includes a bold front fascia with functional air inlets, triple-beam headlamps, carbon-fiber rear spoiler, quad exhaust tips and a rear diffuser. The Lexus Safety System+ is also a standard feature on every model, so every GS F owner benefits from a Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist, Intelligent High Beam (IHB) and High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
Pure Power from Start to Finish
Few engines can match a normally aspirated V8 when it comes to delivering seamless power from idle to redline. The 5.0-liter V8 in the GS F is engineered for low weight and high strength with forged connecting rods and titanium valves that allow a 7,300-rpm redline. Rated at 467 horsepower and 389 lb-ft of torque, it delivers a broad band of power that’s always on tap.
The high-pressure D-4S direct injection system, which also uses port fuel injectors, allows a 12.3:1 compression ratio for optimized performance and efficiency. Variable Valve Timing (VVT-iE) enables the engine to operate in the Atkinson cycle at cruising speeds or it can switch to the Otto cycle for higher performance levels when accelerating.
No matter what kind of driving you’re doing, the GS F always sounds like a serious performance sedan thanks to the special exhaust system that emits a rumbling baritone note from its signature stacked exhaust pipes. There’s also an Active Sound Control (ASC) system that electronically “boosts” the sound in the cabin via the audio speakers – an optional experience that the driver can turn on or off.
Eight Gears for Eight Cylinders
The eight-speed Sport Direct Shift (SPDS) automatic transmission is the high-performance V8’s ideal dance partner, offering smooth shifts, excellent drivability and linear acceleration. Lexus G force Artificial Intelligence Shift control (G AI-SHIFT) is one reason why the transmission feels perfectly in tune with the driver. When driving in the SPORT S mode, the system uses the vehicle’s G-force sensor to monitor how aggressively the vehicle is being driven and adjusts the transmission shift points accordingly. The G AI-SHIFT control further supports sporty driving by blipping the throttle on downshifts and holding gears through corners to maintain optimum control.
The Right Mode for Every Driving Situation
Every GS F has a Drive Mode Select feature that gives the driver the ability to adjust multiple vehicle parameters. NORMAL mode provides the smoothest, most balanced ride quality and drivetrain performance. SPORT S adjusts the transmission shift points to deliver a more responsive feel and improved acceleration. The most aggressive SPORT S+ mode goes one step further by adjusting the damper settings, steering assist, steering gear ratio and Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) system for maximum performance. A CUSTOM mode is also available to tailor each parameter individually.
Torque Vectoring Differential (TVD)
The standard Torque Vectoring Differential (TVD) is one serious piece of hardware. It enhances dynamic performance by precisely controlling torque to each rear wheel through the engagement of a multi-plate clutch. It operates as quickly as 1/1000th of a second based on data including throttle input, braking, yaw rate, longitudinal and lateral G-force.
Using a switch on the center console, the driver can select one of three distinct settings for the TVD to best suit driving style or conditions: STANDARD delivers a high level of control and agility for everyday driving. SLALOM places additional emphasis on steering response, giving the vehicle a more agile character akin to one with a smaller wheelbase while TRACK enhances handling at higher speeds.
VDIM SPORT Mode
Lexus Vehicle Integrated Dynamics Management (VDIM) integrates the ABS, Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and traction control (TRAC) functions to provide proactive, seamless control of basic vehicle performance. The GS F’s VDIM system has SPORT and EXPERT modes. SPORT mode gives priority to driver control for greater enjoyment on the track by applying optimum VSC/TRAC mapping. EXPERT mode puts even more control in the driver’s hands, turning off TRAC, but still using VSC to help control the engine and brakes to assist the driver.
A vertical G sensor in the ABS control helps ensure optimized brake force. In addition, Lexus has extended VDIM co-operative control function, allowing the VDIM to delegate two brake control functions to the Torque Vectoring Differential (TVD). VDIM controls the torque transfer co-operatively with the TVD, for more seamless control during aggressive maneuvers.
Track-Tuned, Road Optimized
The GS F devours curves thanks to its rigid structure, front and rear body braces, responsive yet compliant suspension system, and powerful Brembo® braking system. Featuring a Linear Adaptive Variable Suspension system (AVS), the GS F is able to adjust its dampers over a wide range of settings. The double wishbone front suspension uses forged aluminum upper and lower control arms, a stabilizer bar and specially tuned coil springs and bushings. The rear multi-link suspension features forged aluminum control arms with increased torsional rigidity, along with optimized suspension arm bushings.
The Brembo brakes feature lightweight, 6-piston aluminum monoblock front calipers with 15.0-in. ventilated rotors and 4-piston aluminum monoblock rear calipers with 13.6-in. ventilated rotors. Bright orange-painted front and rear brake calipers emblazoned with the Lexus “F” logo are an available option. The lightweight 19 x 9-inch front and 19 x 10-inch rear forged aluminum wheels come standard with 255/35ZR19 tires up front and 275/35ZR19 tires in back.
The GS F’s electric power-assisted rack and pinion steering delivers excellent dynamic performance and steering feel. A damper-less intermediate shaft on the steering column helps to increase steering rigidity upstream and ensure high responsiveness to steering inputs.
Looks That Thrill
Bold and emotional exterior styling is part of every GS F, yet there are high functional elements to its design as well. The trademark spindle grille features a special “F” series design in the center flanked by a pair of air inlets beneath the headlights that feed cool air to the massive brakes. The grille also features a lower molding, made from Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic (CFRP), that provides downforce to the front of the car at high speeds. Wide front fender flares with large air outlets allow excess airflow to escape down the sides of the vehicle, while broad fenders and sculpted rocker panels provide visual muscle.
On the underside of the GS F, specially designed undertrays optimize air flow to the rear differential to keep it cool. Aerodynamic stabilizing fins on various sections of these panels help further suppress airflow turbulence and reduce drag. The rear of the vehicle is highlighted by the “F” brand’s trademark quad exhaust tips, a carbon spoiler and a rear diffuser beneath the bumper.
Designed for the Driving Enthusiasts, by Driving Enthusiasts
When it came time to design the inside of the GS F, the influence of driving enthusiasts was clearly part of the process. This proof can be found in the sport-focused dash design characterized by the unique display/gauge panel. The panel’s focal point is a large-diameter analog Thin Film Transistor (TFT) tachometer. Notably, the look and information displayed within the center meter changes depending on which Drive Mode is selected. An optional color Head-Up Display (HUD) allows the driver to see pertinent vehicle information such as speed, tachometer and gearshift position without looking away from the road ahead.
The “F”-badged, multifunction, three-spoke steering wheel and its short-stroke paddle shifters are exclusive to the GS F along with the shift knob and pedals. The high-back front sport seats feature pronounced bolstering for the thighs, hips and lumbar sections, as well as an ergonomically enhanced shoulder support. Perforated leather covers the seating surfaces of the 10-way power adjustable buckets that are also heated and ventilated.
Carbon fiber trim adorns several surfaces of the cabin while the door trim, the center air vent and the base of the Remote Touch Interface (RTI) feature a lustrous Metallic Dark Silver paint. Suede trim covers the top of the instrument panel, door trim, center console and palm rest. In a further nod to the exquisite attention to detail, decorative rivets featuring the Lexus logo secure the suede trim to the instrument panel.
Optimum cabin comfort is maintained by the Climate Concierge system which automatically controls heating, cooling, seat heaters and the airflow volume of the seat ventilation. When the climate control system detects only two front occupants, the S-FLOW feature operates the system only for the front of the cabin.
Premium Audio and Navigation
The largest split screen in its class, the 12.3-inch high-resolution multimedia display provides immediate,
simultaneous access to audio or climate controls and various systems, including the voice-activated navigation system. The system greets the driver with a customizable image when the ignition button is pressed. The voice-activated navigation system is designed to map millions of points of interest across the country in addition to offering up-to-date traffic and weather information, 3-D city views, and simulated views of approaching highway junctions. The system also displays the current speed limit and can automatically identify nearby gas stations when the fuel light comes on.
The standard 12-speaker audio system uses a high-efficiency 299-watt amplifier. For more serious punch, the available 17-speaker Mark Levinson premium audio system produces exceptional sound using a class D Digital amplifier with 835-watts. Clari-Fi technology analyzes compression in digital tracks and determines how much amplification is needed and where to correct it for optimum sounds quality.
Lexus Enform for Safety and Convenience
Lexus Enform Safety Connect is complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership with access to Lexus Enform response centers 24/7/365. With Lexus Enform Service Connect, also complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership, the GS F can send alerts for specific factory recommended maintenance, simultaneously alerting a preferred Lexus retailer. The Lexus Drivers mobile app or LexusDrivers.com website can be used to set push-reminders and alerts for maintenance and service issues.
With Lexus Enform Remote (one-year trial subscription included), the customer can remotely view and control certain aspects of the GS F using a smartphone, smartwatch or Amazon Alexa-enabled devices at home. The available functions include: remote door lock/unlock, remote start/stop for the engine and climate control, vehicle finder, guest driver monitor and more. Navigation is accompanied by the Lexus Enform Destination Services (complimentary for one year) and subscription-free Lexus Enform App Suite 2.0.
Standard Exterior Features
Standard Interior Features
- 19-inch painted, forged aluminum wheels with 255/35R19 front and 275/35R19 rear tires
- Carbon fiber rear spoiler
- “F” badging on front fenders and right-rear trunk area
- Side mirror projector lamps with “F” logo
- Quad exhaust diffuser integrated into the bumper
- Triple-Beam headlamps and LED daytime running, brake, tail and license plate lamps
- Exterior colors: Smokey Granite Mica, Ultrasonic Blue Mica, Ultra White, Atomic Silver, Liquid Platinum, Caviar, Matador Red Mica, Flare Yellow
Standard Audio System
- Black or Circuit Red interior with “F” logo embroidered on all four headrests
- Leather-wrapped shift knob and steering wheel
- 10-way power driver (8-way passenger) front sport seats, including power lumbar support, and three-position memory for driver and front passenger
- Leather seats with enhanced lateral support
- Unique blue “F” LED illuminated needles on speedometer and tachometer
- LCD shift indicator display in center of meter cluster with engine oil temperature gauge and volt meter
- Multi-information display with a choice of lap timer, torque distribution (available), G-Force, tire pressure, audio information, navigation information, outside air temperature, cruise range if engaged, average fuel consumption, average fuel consumption after re-fueling, instantaneous fuel consumption, average vehicle speed or gear selection (in D mode); Optitron speedometer and tachometer gauges, fuel and coolant temperature gauges, and unique digital oil temperature and voltage gauges
- Aluminum scuff plates
- First aid and tool kits
- HomeLink programmable garage door opener
- Power tilt and telescoping adjustable steering wheel with memory
- SmartAccess keyless entry with push-button start
Multimedia and Connected Technologies
- 12 speakers
- Digital signal processing with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL)
- HD™ Radio (complimentary traffic and weather)
- Integrated SiriusXM® Satellite Radio receiver (complimentary 90-day trial subscription included)
Standard Safety and Security
- Navigation with 12.3-inch high-resolution display with full-screen map capability including 3D rendering
- Home screen divided into three sections (customizable for HVAC, audio, traffic, MID)
- Speed limit display on road traveled
- Predictive traffic; provides view of traffic ahead based on Clear Channel Total Traffic Network (15 minute increments)
- Lexus Enform App Suite offers access to favorite mobile applications through the vehicle’s center console display, including Pandora®, iHeartRadio, Slacker and Yelp
- Lexus Enform Destination Assist (complimentary for one year) acts as an in-vehicle personal concierge, providing directions and destinations delivered by a live agent
- Voice Command
- Cache Radio; ability to pause live AM/FM radio and HD Radio
- Lexus Enform Remote (one-year trial subscription included) mobile app lets you lock and unlock doors, start the engine and climate controls, check the fuel level, and more all through your smartphone, smartwatch or Amazon Alexa–enabled devices at home.
- Lexus Enform Service Connect (complimentary 10-year subscription now included), enables the GS F to send vehicle alerts and factory recommended maintenance alerts, simultaneously alerting a preferred Lexus retailer if opted-in.
Factory Option Packages
- Lexus Safety System+
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection
- High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Intelligent High Beam (IHB)
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM) with cut-off switch and Sport and Expert modes (integrates VSC, TRAC, ABS, EBD, BA, and throttle input)
- 10 air bags designed to help protect the driver and passengers
- Entry system with lock, two-stage unlock, trunk open and panic features, volume-adjustable confirmation tone and rolling code technology
- Headlight-off delay feature (after closing/opening the door, headlights remain illuminated for approximately 30 seconds before automatically shutting off)
- Remote-activated, SmartAccess-linked illuminated entry (dome-light ring illuminates when doors are unlocked, remains illuminated for 15 seconds or until door is opened)
- Complimentary for the first ten years, Lexus Enform Safety Connect includes an Emergency Assistance Button (SOS), Roadside Assistance, Automatic Collision Notification, and Stolen Vehicle Notification. The Lexus Enform response center operates 24/7/365.
Individual Factory Options
- 10th Anniversary Edition Package (Limited to 100 vehicles available for sale in the U.S.)
- Matte Nebula Gray paint
- Polished black 19-inch BBS® forged wheels
- Blue Brembo® brake calipers
- Michelin® Pilot Super Sport tires
- “F” logo side mirror projector lamps
- Bespoke Fuji Blue interior trim on seats, steering wheel, shifter and dash
- Blue carbon trim on doors and center console
- Blue seat belts
- 10th Anniversary plate
- Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound system (AM/FM tuner, in-dash 6-DVD/CD changer, 17-speakers, advanced discrete amplifier design with 835 watts max. power at less than 0.1% THD from 20 to 20,000 Hz, 7.1-channel speaker architecture)
- Orange Brembo® Brake Calipers with “F” logo
- Color Head Up Display
- Hand polished, 19-inch, split 10-spoke BBS® forged wheels