The 2018 Lexus ES 300h is equipped with standard safety and technology features that include Enform Safety Connect and Enform Service Connect. Both are now complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership.
The Bold Hybrid
The ES 300h conveys its hybrid identity through design cues, including a trunk lip spoiler, hidden exhaust and blue hybrid badges. Subtle, though, is hardly the word for the overall design. The focal point is a daring one-piece version of the brand’s signature spindle grille, framed by elegant satin chrome trim. LED headlights give the ES 300h a distinctive face, day or night. Fog lights at the corners of the front fascia accentuate the wide stance. In the rear, distinctive L-themed taillights echo those of the Lexus LS flagship sedan.
Eco Performance, Invisibly
The beauty of the Lexus Hybrid Drive system is that you don’t feel it working. That is, it works with renowned Lexus smoothness and finesse. The system seamlessly combines the output of a 2.5-liter Atkinson-cycle four-cylinder engine with an electric motor to generate 200 total system horsepower. The ES 300h will run on the electric motor or gas engine alone, or a combination of both, based on the driving situation. The Hybrid System Indicator shows use of energy and encourages efficient driving habits.
The electronic planetary-type continuously variable transmission plays a critical role in the
ES 300h’s smooth demeanor. There’s driving spirit here, too, with zero-to-60 mph in 8.1 seconds and the electric motor enhancing low-end torque for a strong acceleration feel.
The driver can tailor the ES 300h’s responses and feel by choosing from among four modes: Normal, Sport, Eco and EV. Normal mode provides an ideal blend of performance and efficiency. Eco mode favors fuel economy, and in EV mode, the ES 300h can be driven short distances at reduced speed on battery power alone. Switching into Sport mode puts an edge on performance response that you not only feel, but also see when the gauge cluster lighting changes to a fiery red and replaces the Hybrid System Indicator with a tachometer.
Standard Lexus Safety System
Bringing to bear an array of advanced technologies, Lexus Safety System+ is designed to help the driver avoid collisions, or mitigate their impacts. High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control works at speeds over 25 mph. It tracks the speed of the vehicle traveling ahead and can adjust the speed setting accordingly to help maintain a preset distance.
Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection can detect vehicles – and in certain conditions, a pedestrian – by using a combination of millimeter-wave radar and a front-facing camera. The system can warn the driver of a possible collision and can initiate automatic braking with Brake Assist if necessary.
Using a camera to detect visible lane markings, Lane Departure Alert is designed to convey audio-visual alerts and vibrate the steering wheel if it determines that the driver has unintentionally deviated from the lane. Lane Departure Alert, with Steering Assist, can help the vehicle stay in its lane by smoothly increasing steering torque by a small amount.
Intelligent High Beam technology senses headlights from oncoming traffic as well as the taillights of the vehicle traveling in front, and automatically adjusts high- and low-beam illumination. The available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA) helps detect vehicles in side blind spots and alerts the driver to rear cross traffic when backing out of a parking space.
Entry Luxury That Doesn’t Seem “Entry”
Lexus re-invented “entry luxury” with the first ES model more than a quarter-century ago, equipping it with many features that rivals made extra-cost options. Naturally, Lexus has kept up the competitive pressure, and the ES 300h continues to defy the “entry” part of entry luxury. It starts with 40 inches of rear seat legroom, and is close to full-size sedans.
Lexus fills the spacious ES 300h cabin with a long roster of available amenities that includes:
10-way adjustable power front seats; automatic climate control; NuLuxe upholstery; a power tilt-and-slide moonroof; power-adjustable outside mirrors with turn signals and defoggers; remote-linked power window and moonroof opening and Lexus Personalized Settings to customize select electronic functions.
Premium, Luxury and Ultra Luxury Packages present a sensible tiered approach to adding optional amenities. The two Luxury packages add wood trim on the center console and an embossed stitching pattern on the seats. Available interior trims include Espresso Bird’s Eye Maple, Linear Dark Mocha and Matte Honey Bamboo.
Informing and Entertaining You
With smartphones and tablets so prevalent, Lexus used that paradigm for operating the ES 300h’s Display Audio System and the Lexus Enform®
family of information and connectivity services. The ES 300h has Scout®
GPS Link along with its standard eight-speaker Display Audio system, which features a eight-inch screen and includes USB/iPod connectivity, Bluetooth®
audio streaming, HD Radio™ with iTunes®
tagging, automatic phone book transfer, a vehicle information display and complimentary traffic and weather data provided via HD Radio. The cache radio feature lets you pause and record live broadcasts for up to 15minutes. Integrated SiriusXM®
Satellite Radio includes an all-access 90-day trial subscription.
Adding the Navigation Package option to an eight-inch display screen that can be divided into up to three sections to show different functions simultaneously. The navigation system itself is a gem, providing 3D map with bird’s eye views, predictive traffic information, detour preview, ETA calculation and fuel station locations.
The Navigation upgrades also bring an array of valuable services in the form of the Lexus Enform App Suite. This veritable in-car personal concierge includes Lexus Enform Destination Services. Use voice-enabled apps to search the Internet through Destination Search, make restaurant reservations through OpenTable®
, order movie tickets via MovieTickets.com™
, listen to Internet radio (including Pandora®
, iHeartRadio and Slacker) and search business reviews on Yelp®
With Lexus Enform Remote®
(complimentary for the first year of ownership), the customer can remotely view and control certain aspects of the vehicle using a mobile app for iOS and Android devices. Once registered, the app can operate remote door lock/unlock; remote stop/start for the engine and climate control; vehicle finder, guest driver monitor and more.
Lexus Enform Safety Connect is standard with access to Lexus Enform response centers 24/7/365 with a mobile connection. With Lexus Enform Service Connect, the ES 300h can also send alerts for specific factory recommended maintenance, simultaneously alerting a preferred Lexus retailer.
Fingertip or Voice Control
Putting numerous vehicle system controls at your fingertips, the available second-generation Remote Touch Interface (RTI) is the easiest way to access multimedia in the ES 300h. The computer mouse-like controller on the center console can operate the climate control, audio system, phone, optional navigation system and more. Menus show in the display screen. A “Back” button makes using the RTI even easier. iPhone®
users have a control option with Siri®
Eyes Free Mode. Make calls, select songs from iTunes®
, get turn-by-turn navigation through Apple maps, and much more, all by asking Siri.
Once again, pinnacle audio performance in the Lexus ES 300h comes from the Mark Levinson®
Premium Sound system, available in conjunction with any option package. Powering 15 speakers with 835-watts, the system turns the ES 300h into a private listening room. Clari-Fi™
technology, adopted from high-end home audio technology, can enhance the sound of compressed digital audio (satellite radio, mobile streaming, MP3, etc.).
What’s New for 2018
Lexus Hybrid Drive
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect complimentary for the first 10 years
- Lexus Service Connect complimentary for the first 10 years
- Low friction 2.5-liter Atkinson cycle gasoline engine uses a sophisticated power management system and high compression ratio (12.5:1) to increase overall efficiency.
- Equipped with an electric water pump, electric power steering and an integrated hybrid electric motor/generator, this engine does not require any accessory belts. The beltless design helps improve fuel economy and overall reliability.
- Front suspension employs opposite-wound coil springs to help enhance straight-line stability.
- High body rigidity achieved through lightweight, high tensile strength steel, added bracing and more spot welds then previous generation model.
- Airflow is smoothed beneath the vehicle, enhancing driver control and fuel economy.
- Standard 215/55R17 low-rolling resistance tires on 17-inch alloy wheels.
- 10-way adjustable power front seats.
- Automatic climate control system.
- NuLuxe upholstery.
- Power tilt-and-slide moonroof.
- Illuminated entry system.
- Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel.
- Heated wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel.
- Navigation Package (includes Lexus Enform App Suite and Lexus Enform Destinations).
- Mark Levinson Audio (requires Navigation).
- Premium Package with genuine wood trim, perforated NuLuxe seats, power tilt/telescoping steering wheel with memory.
- Luxury Package with Premium Package contents plus climate-control seats, leather-trimmed interior with embossed stitching seat pattern, power rear sunshade, and wood trim on center console.
- Ultra Luxury Package with Premium and Luxury Package contents plus ambient lighting, driver’s seat cushion extender, manual door shades, driver and passenger seat memory, semi-aniline leather trimmed interior with embossed pattern.
- Lexus Safety System+ includes Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Pedestrian Detection, Lane Departure Alert (LDA) with Steering Assist, Intelligent High Beam (IHB) and High-Speed Dynamic Radar Cruise Control.
- 10 airbags as standard equipment, including driver and front passenger knee airbags, driver and front passenger front and seat-mounted side airbags, rear outboard seat-mounted side airbags and front and rear side curtain airbags.
- Available Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross Traffic Alert (RCTA).
- Whiplash Injury Lessening (WIL) front seats are designed to limit excessive head movement in certain rear-end collisions, helping to decrease the severity of whiplash-type injuries.
- 48 months/50,000 miles basic limited warranty with roadside assistance for 48 months/unlimited miles.
- 72 months/70,000 miles powertrain and restraint system coverage.
- 72 months corrosion perforation protection coverage, regardless of mileage.
- Eight years/100,000 miles hybrid-related components, including the HV battery, battery-control module, hybrid control module and inverter with converter.