What’s New: 2019 Lexus GX
New Standard Features:
New Optional Features:
- Enform Safety Connect and Service Connect complimentary for 10 years
- Lexus Enform Remote (smart watch and Amazon Alexa skill integration)
- Premium Packages in Black or Sepia colors changed to NuLuxe® interior trim
- Blind Spot Monitor with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert available as no charge option
PLANO, TX – Versatility best describes the Lexus 2019 GX 460. This luxury SUV is engineered for all kinds of terrain including extreme off-road conditions. Along with the capability of handling rocky trails and city streets, the GX also displays exceptional craftsmanship.
The three-row GX 460 seats up to seven passengers. Heated and ventilated front seats are available as a standalone option for the base model and standard on the Premium and Luxury models. In the Sport Design Package, the GX offers captain’s chairs for the second-row seating.
Like every Lexus model, the GX flashes a signature spindle grille which gives the SUV a distinctive, standout style. The Sport Design Package puts an extra touch on the luxury SUV with special details such as an exclusive front fascia, rear valence, chrome exhaust tip, scarlet taillamps and 18-inch split-six alloy wheels with Gunmetal Metallic finish.
Ideal for all families
A dual-purpose SUV, the GX 460 can go from a short work commute to a long family vacation deep in the Rocky Mountains. The standard and sole engine is a 301-horsepower 4.6-liter V8 that produces up to 329 lb.-ft. of peak torque. Combine that with 6,500-lb. towing capacity, and you’ve got an ideal boat hauler. Towing is aided with Trailer Sway Control, a function of the Vehicle Stability Control that enhances straight-line tracking.
Handcrafted details and hand-selected materials
Elegance is standard on the GX 460. Available features include a wood and leather-trimmed heated steering wheel and wood and leather-trimmed shift knob — both crafted exclusively with hand-selected materials.
The GX comes in seven vibrant exterior colors — Starfire Pearl, Silver Lining Metallic, Nebula Gray Pearl, Nightfall Mica, Fire Agate Pearl, Black Onyx and Claret Mica. The GX interior is available in the following three colors: Black, Sepia or Ecru.
Control of the road
Utilizing the technology of the Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS), the GX 460 can improve on-road handling and ride comfort by assuring that the vehicle remains level. When the GX encounters an uneven surface, one compressed cylinder causes fluid to flow to the other cylinder, helping the vehicle to keep all four wheels on the ground. The system works without any action needed by the driver.
Another asset of the GX for on-road smoothness is the available Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS). The AVS uses electronically controlled dampers that adjust to road surface conditions. The driver can tailor the ride by selecting from Normal, Sport or Comfort modes.
Four-Wheel Active Traction
With a full-time automatic four-wheel drive system, the Lexus GX 460 is ready for handling the trails as well as on the pavement.
torque-sensing limited slip center differential distributes power 40:60 under most driving conditions and changes the ratio as needed based on wheel slip. The system offers a low range for slow speed off-road driving, and the center differential can be electronically locked.
A two-speed transfer case with low range is supported by a wide array of chassis control technology. With Downhill Assist Control (DAC), Hill-start Assist Control (HAC), Active Traction Control (A-TRAC), Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and available Crawl Control, the GX can roam unpaved, uneven trails and steep inclines.
Crawl Control – Advanced Technology
Activated with the press of a button, the available Crawl Control system is designed to automatically maintain an optimal slow and steady pace over demanding landscapes.
Engaged when the vehicle is in low range, Crawl Control allows the vehicle to move forward or in reverse at one of five driver-selectable low-speed settings. Crawl Control also engages the front and rear “virtual” locking differentials to help reduce tire slippage and optimize chassis behavior. Crawl Control can also help the driver navigate the GX 460 through sand, mud or snow.
Multimedia and Connect Services
A multimedia system on the GX offers a customizable home screen that can display three sections simultaneously. The available Navigation System’s three-dimensional map view makes it an even more effective driving partner.
Drivers can navigate the roads with confidence with the Lexus Enform Safety Connect complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership with access to Lexus Enform response centers 24/7/365. With Lexus Enform Service Connect, the vehicle can also send alerts for specific factory recommended maintenance, simultaneously alerting a preferred Lexus retailer. The Lexus Drivers mobile app or LexusDrivers.com website can be used to set push-reminders and alerts for maintenance and service issues.
With Lexus Enform Remote, the customer can remotely start the engine and climate controls, lock and unlock doors, check the fuel level and more through a smartphone, smartwatch or Amazon Alexa-enabled devices at home.
A Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert is now offered at no charge. And to help keep the driver’s focused on the road, the GX 460 is available with a Driver Support Package which includes Pre-Collision with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Driver Attention Monitor, Lane Departure Alert, Intelligent high-beam headlamps as well as a wide-view front and side monitor system.
The Lexus GX 460 is equipped to handle today’s modern family and is designed to help them arrive in style, comfort and safety wherever their adventures lead.
Standard Exterior Features
- SmartAccess with push-button Start/Stop
- 18-inch six-spoke wheels
- Power tilt/slide moonroof with one touch open/close feature, jam protection
- Color-keyed, illuminated running boards
- Clear taillamp lenses
- Integrated front and rear mudguards
- Rear tailgate (hinged on the right) with flip-up rear window
- Rear spoiler with integrated wiper
- Roof rails
- Exterior colors (7): Starfire Pearl, Silver Lining Metallic, Nebula Gray Pearl,
Nightfall Mica, Fire Agate Pearl, Black Onyx and Claret Mica
Standard Interior Features
- GX Premium
- Includes all GX exterior features plus 18-inch split-six-spoke alloy wheels
- GX Luxury
- Includes all Premium exterior features, plus:
- 18-inch split-six-spoke alloy wheels with Liquid Graphite finish
- Power-folding, electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors
Standard Audio System
- NuLuxe® trim
- Siri® Eyes Free Mode – (iPhone® 4S and later)
- Call contacts
- Select and play music from iTunes®
- Hear and compose text messages emails
- Hear sports scores, stock info. and weather
- Use maps and get directions (turn-by-turn navigation can be requested through Siri and Apple maps); map displayed on phone screen
- Perform POI searches
- Requested search info. Read back to driver over vehicle audio system (iPhone screen remains blank)
- Read notifications
- Read calendar information; Add reminders, calendar appointments and notes
- Trailer sway control
- Reclining, sliding middle-row seats with 40/20/40-split seatback
- Fold-flat third-row seats
- Third-row seats with 50/50 split and fold flat, flush-with-floor
- 4.2-inch Multi-Information Display (MID) in combination meter (toggle switch on steering wheel) that shows avg. mpg, current mpg, range, avg. mph, elapsed time
- Backup Camera
- 120-volt outlet in rear cargo area
- Downhill Assist Control (DAC)
- Hill-start Assist Control (HAC)
- Smart Stop Technology
- TORSEN® limited-slip center differential with electronic locking feature
- Tow prep package includes wire harness and bracket
- 6,500lb Towing Capacity
- Interior colors (3): Black NuLuxe or Leather, Sepia NuLuxe or Leather and Ecru leather
- GX Premium
- Includes all GX interior features, plus:
- Available Second-row Captain’s chairs
- Available Leather interior trim
- Heated and ventilated front seat and heated second-row outboard seats
- Three-zone automatic climate control with interior air filter, smog sensor and automatic recirculation mode
- Rain-sensing wipers
- Windshield de-icer
- LED foglamps
- GX Luxury
- Includes all Premium interior features, plus:
- Adaptive Variable Suspension (AVS)
- Auto-leveling rear air suspension
- Semi-aniline leather interior trim
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA)
- Wood and leather-trimmed heated steering wheel
- Power-reclining and folding third-row seats
- Headlamp washers
- Cargo-area Tonneau cover
Multimedia and Connected Technologies
- Lexus Multimedia System with color multimedia display and nine speakers
- Subscription-free Traffic and Weather updates via HD Radio
- Bluetooth® and USB smartphone connectivity, eight-inch touch screen
- Dual-zone climate control with interior air filter
- AM/FM in-dash single CD with Automatic Sound Levelizer (ASL) and MPS/WMA capability
Standard Safety and Security
- Navigation equipped vehicles
- 3D city views
- Speed limit display on road traveled
- ETA calculation (speed limit, current traffic, predictive traffic data)
- Traffic detour preview; alternate route options offered when traffic becomes heavy
- Predictive traffic; provides view of traffic ahead
- Voice Recognition
- Steering wheel control of voice recognition
- Voice Recognition Guidance Level; ability to choose voice prompt level (High/Low/Off)
- Cache Radio; ability to pause live AM/FM radio and HD Radio (15 minutes)
Factory Option Packages
- LED headlamps and daytime running lights (DRL)
- Ten standard airbags
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect (complimentary for the first ten years of ownership), includes an Emergency Assistance Button (SOS), Roadside Assistance, Automatic Collision Notification, and Stolen Vehicle Notification. The Lexus Enform response center operates 24/7/365.
- Lexus Enform Remote (one-year trial subscription included) lets you lock and unlock doors, start the engine and climate controls, check the fuel level, and more all through your smartphone, smartwatch or Amazon Alexa–enabled devices at home.
- Lexus Enform Service Connect (complimentary for the first ten years of ownership), enables the GX 460 to send vehicle alerts and factory recommended maintenance alerts, simultaneously alerting a preferred Lexus retailer if opted-in.
- Child Restraint System (CRS) lower tether anchors and upper tether anchor brackets for 2nd row
- Four-sensor Tire Pressure Monitor (TPM) system
- Impact absorbing structures for side and front impact
- Seat belts
- ALR/ELR for all positions except driver (driver’s seat has ELR only)
- Three-point seatbelts for all seating positions
- Driver and front passenger’s pre-tensioners and force limiters
- Second row seatbelt pre-tensioners
- Supplemental Restraint System (SRS)
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- GX Premium and Luxury
- Includes all GX safety and security features, plus:
- Navigation Package
- Navigation System and Lexus Enform App Suite
- High-resolution color LCD display
- The complimentary Lexus Enform App Suite app offers access to favorite mobile applications through the vehicle’s center console display, including iHeartRadio®, Slacker® and Yelp®.
- Lexus Enform Destination Assist (complimentary for one year) acts as an in-vehicle personal concierge, providing directions and destinations delivered by a live agent.
- Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound Audio Package (GX Luxury)
- Includes Navigation Package, plus:
- Mark Levinson 17-speaker, 330-watt Premium Surround Sound Audio System
- 7.1-channel architecture
- Driver Support Package (GX Luxury)
- Includes Navigation and Mark Levinson Premium Surround Sound Audio Packages, plus:
- Pre-Collision System with Dynamic Radar Cruise Control
- Driver Attention Monitor
- Lane Departure Alert
- Intelligent high-beam headlamps
- Wide-view Front and Side Monitor system
- Crawl Control
- Sport Design Package
- 18-inch split-six-spoke alloy wheels with Gunmetal Metallic finish
- Sport Design front fascia and lower grille surround
- Sport Design side mirrors with chrome detail
- Sport Design rear valance
- Chrome exhaust tip
- Scarlet taillamps
- Second-row captain’s chairs (GX Luxury)
- Blind Spot Monitor (BSM) with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert (RCTA) and power-folding electrochromic (auto-dimming) exterior mirrors (GX, GX Premium)
- Headlamp washers (GX, GX Premium)
- Heated and ventilated front seats (GX)
- Second-row captain’s chairs (GX Premium, GX Luxury)
- Intuitive Parking Assist (GX)
- Wood- and leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob (GX Premium)
- Cargo-area Tonneau cover (GX, GX Premium)
- Dual-screen DVD Rear-Seat Entertainment System (RSES) (GX Luxury)
Lexus' passion for brave design, imaginative technology, and exhilarating performance enables the luxury lifestyle brand to create amazing experiences for its customers. Lexus began its journey in 1989 with two luxury sedans and a commitment to pursue perfection. Since then, Lexus has developed its lineup to meet the needs of global luxury customers in more than 90 countries. In the United States, Lexus vehicles are sold through 241 dealers offering a full lineup of luxury vehicles. With six models incorporating Lexus Hybrid Drive, Lexus is the luxury hybrid leader. Lexus also offers six F SPORT models and two F performance models. Lexus is committed to being a visionary brand that anticipates the future for luxury customers.
Note to Editors
: Lexus product information and images are available online via our news media web site http://LexusNewsroom.com